11/07/2014 - Today I went to Milan with my mum to do some shopping (sale period, yeah) and to see a Klimt exhibit in Palazzo Reale, next to the Milan Cathedral. It was such a big disappointment! It was on the life of Klimt, and actually it had a lot of paintings of the painter that inspired Klimt, especially in the first part of his artistic production (so not the beautiful golden works we think of when we talk about Klimt).
There were just two or three really famous and interesting paintings, no more. The ticket was 11 €, but as we travelled with Trenord it was half price (luckly). To note that in Palazzo Reale, under the main gate on the left side there is a very nice cafè, one of the oldest one with a certain charm, and it is not so expensive. I mean, same price as a normal bar. Then we went to Banana Republic because I needed to buy some trousers, but I ended up buying a new trench and my mum bought a jacket. It was 70 € for both, quite nice price, isn't it? Then, we headed to Zara, but stuff there was still too expensive (I mean, in the sale period I want to save A LOT of money).
For lunch, we went to the new Brian & Berry building opened in San Babila square. Ehm, it's a very cool place. Maybe a little bit too cool. We ate at the -1 floor, in a piadineria. It was about 9 € for a piadina (but actually it's two piadinas one on the other) and a salad. If you consider that you are in the centre of Milan, it's not such a big deal. In this building there is Eataly, where you can buy the most expensive food on the market. It's a nice idea if you are here and you want to bring back home something good to eat (you should also have a look at the 7th floor of La Rinascente, in Vittorio Emanuele avenue). After lunch, it was almost 3 o' clock, so we had just a little walk in the galleria and in the Scala square. Actually we wanted to eat an ice-cream at Grom's but there were too many people waiting. Oh Milan, I missed you so much.





Nessun commento:
Posta un commento