24/09/2014 - Today I woke up early, I had breakfast at the hotel and then my dad took me to Fara Sabina train station. As I got there, I tried to buy a ticket to Tiburtina station, and luckly I had a credit card with me as it was the only way you could buy a ticket.
There is a train every 15 minutes, so I didn't have to wait that much. Once in Tiburtina I bought a one-day ticket (6€) not to have to queue around. I decided to go first to the Colosseum, and I had the first trouble. Some tourists asked me to take a picture of them with a gladiator, then this gladiator asked them 20€. Now, in Italy we use to fuck the tourists up, and now we have the bad reputation of "thieves". I hate them for this. Angry as ever in my life, I passed by two policemen and I decided to stop. I told them hat I understand the "folklore" of the gladiators around the Colosseum, but that they have to keep in mind that an Italian with a normal job has to work on average 3 hours to get the same amount of money of a picture with the gladiator. They just replied that they have a permission of the town hall. Sure, I bet that they pay taxes, don't they? Anyway, I managed to get to Piazza di Spagna, and I had a walk in Via Condotti, the famous street with expensive shops as Bulgari.
I waited 20 minutes in front of the Cafè Greco for a Chinese to take a picture with him (in our Chinese book we have a lesson on Chinese people taking picturein front of this cafè) but no Chinese was there that morning. So, I took again the metro heading towards the Vaticans and the San Pietro Dome as it was a nice fay and I wanted go see Rome from the top. What I didn't know, as I'm not a religious person, is that the Pope declaims the Angelus on Wednesdays. Shit. I run away from that invasion of people. I tried to go to a public toilet, but it cost 1 € and I'd rather go to Mc Donald's and eat an ice-cream for the same money.
Ah, all around Rome there are a lot of Indians who pretend to be tourist guides, and they are very harassing. I started hating this city, so I called my dad and I told him I would had come home earlier. I walked till Piazza Navona, passing by Castel Sant'Angelo. The small streets around Piazza Navona are really nice, and I stopped in a pizzeria, but it wasn't that good. To come back to Tiburtina station, I had to go to a metro station, so I decided to take the bus n°87, which passed by the Ara Pacis and the Fori and finally reached the Colosseum. On the train I thought about this experience. What the hell. I mean, our country is full of beautiful monuments and amazing sceneries, but what the hell, it's also full of thieves. Not the kind of thieves that steal your purse, but the one that asks you a lot of money for everything. Really, don't go to Rome, they don't deserve anything. As I got to Fara Sabina train station my dad brought me to a barn where he had to have a meeting. In this barn there were two beautiful 4-months-old cats, and I played with them the whole afternoon. They were the cutest kittens on earth. But I had to leave them.
We went to a restaurant in the Tiburtina area called (cannot remember it now). We ate some supplì (rice balls with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese)and some cacio&pepe supplì (so yummy!!), some fried courgette flowers with mozzarella cheese inside and a pizza. The ones with us tried a pizza with sausage and potatoes, and it was amazing. We ended up spending not that much actually (I don't know the actual price as we were 7, but I think it wasn't more than 15€ each, with beers and water included). We came back quite late, and we slept the whole night.





Nessun commento:
Posta un commento