martedì 8 luglio 2014

Coming back Home.



25/06/2014 - Here we areeeeeee! We slept just two hours last night, and now we are ready to fly away from this place! We checked out at the gate of the dorms, and we wait a little bit for the taxi to come. The taxi driver was a woman with a 10-cm-high shoes, but she drove very well. We reach Xiamen airport exactly two hours before our flight. While Sam had our bag packed in the security plastic, I went to the information desk asking them where to check in. They told me the place, but while we were queuing, I came back to ask them again, because it was the queue for the Shangdong Airlines check in, but they told me "no problem". So we reached the desk and the girl there looked at us and very kindly said "this flight has been cancelled". WHAT THE HELL. No no no Xiamen, I have to come back home. She told us to go to another desk to have our tickets changed, and the girl there took my ticket, changed it and said "you have 3 minues to check in". I was quite shocked and I asked "Scuse me, I didn't understand, 3 or 30?" and she replied "Now you have 2 minutes". I was not upset, not at all. I just wanted to kill them ALL. Then she realised that maybe the flight at 8.00 was better, so she put us together on that flight. We went back to the check in (same queue) and once ther the girl told us that she couldn't find the ticket, so after few minutes another woman came with our passports and our tickets already printed. Now, time for the luggage. Mine was 46.7 kilos instead of 46, but she didn't say anything. Problems, again: we had the mobile power bank in the lugguge, but it had to be in the carry-on luggage. So we had to cut the plastic, open the luggage, find it, remove it and repack (for free) our luggage. Finally, we manage to get on the ariplane. We slept the whole time, except for ten minutes when they gave us breakfast (a chinese sausage with eggs, tomatoes and spinach). In Beijing, we had 3 hours of time to collect our luggage, check it in again and go through the security check. It seems to be a lot of time, but it's not. We had to wait a lot for our luggage to come, then we didn't actually know what to do. So, while I changed my money (wasted 20 € out of 300) Sam asked for it. We had to go to the fourth floor, we checked in (luckly there were no people there queuing, actualy there wasn't the hostess either) and we took the train/metro that connects one terminal to the other. We still had a little bit of time, and then we got on our flight back home. The airplane this time was really old, the food sucked and there were no interesting movies. 
Ten hours later, we arrived at Malpensa airport. As soon as I could I called my boyfriend to tell him that I landed, but he didn't answer (as usual) so I called my mum, who told me that Alessio was on the way to the airport. We went through the passport check in one minute, as we were the only two European citizens of the flight and the luggage came out quite fast. So in less than half an hour we were outside. I looked at Samora and I told her "I don't know what your boyfrend looks like, but mine is not here". Both of our boyfriend were still on the way. So I called mine and I told him not to park (parking at Malpensa Airport is so expensive) that I was already outside. So happy to be home. My cousins wrote "welcome back Lau" on a sheet, and my boyfriend brought me flowers. I ate a risotto alla milanese and I almost went straight to bed. Damn jetlag.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento